|Phi Theta Kappa|
*Honors students who meet the prerequisites for a 200-level NAS course directly can substitute one of these for SCB115 with permission of the NAS Chairperson and the Honors Program Director.
**In order to complete the Honors Program, students will choose from a selection of Honors electives offered each semester. In addition to Honors electives offered by the liberal arts departments (ELA, English, Humanities, Math, NAS, Social Science), the following additional Honors electives may be offered:
Additional requirements for the Honors Concentration:
1) Successful completion of the New Student Seminar (for students entering the program during their first semester at the college).
2) Leadership Project on campus or in the local community (e.g. collaborating with a student club, student organization or college program to implement a project that will benefit the college community, meet a goal in the college’s strategic plan, or that will connect the college to the local community).
3) Must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.1 over two semesters to remain in the Program and have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.2 to graduate with Honors Program designation.***
4) Regular meetings with the program director and/or assigned faculty mentor for advisement (at least twice a semester).
5) A graduating essay (to be developed from research done in consultation with the director of the program).
***This requirement will be modified to accommodate part-time Honors Concentration students.