|Alpha Theta Phi|
|Phi Theta Kappa|
The Honors Program is designed to enhance the LaGuardia experience for highly motivated students. We are looking for students who want the most out of college and who desire stimulating academic challenges.
You can participate in the Program in two ways: Enroll in any of the Honors Courses and get an "Honors" designation on your transcript after completing the course and a "Certificate of Completion" from the President of the College.
Or, if you are a Liberal Arts (A.A. or A.S.) or Business (A.S. or A.A.S.) student, you may take fuller advantage of the Program by completing 7 Honors courses (20-22 credits) to graduate from the Honors Program.
LaGuardia Community College's growing Honors Program is designed to promote a rigorous academic experience for talented, intellectually curious, motivated, and ambitious students (full- or part-time, day or evening).
Honors courses emphasize critical thinking, intensive analytical writing, speaking, research skills, including the use of primary source material, and information literacy.
One of the fundamental goals of the Honors Program is to promote transfer, with scholarship when possible, to leading public and private 4-year colleges.
Members of the Honors Program at LaGuardia are provided many unique opportunities. Benefits include:
• Notation on your official transcipt indicating that you have taken specific Honors courses.
• Smaller, rigorous classes with highly motivated students, and taught by dedicated faculty, who strive to engage you in more challenging academic work and are always ready to support you.
• Mentoring by Director and Honors faculty.
• Scholarly and social activities, intensive transfer and scholarship workshops, and special Co-op internship placements.
• Participation in on-campus projects to develop your leadership experience.