Our Services Provide
Immediate Posting of Your Job Specifications
- A telephone call, fax, or letter to the Employment Services Center gets your job specs entered into a database, the Jobs Management System (JMS).
- Each staff member is networked to the JMS and has immediate access to your specs.
- The JMS generates a daily printout of all available jobs that is posted at six highly visible locations on campus.
- For maximum exposure the job remains posted for three weeks unless it is filled sooner.
- Modifications can easily be made to the job specs as needed.
- Our professional staff of career and placement specialists will assist your organization in interpreting your requirements to prospective applicants and in identifying the ideal candidates to be interviewed.
- Before scheduling an interview or faxing a resume, the name, address, and telephone number of your company and contact person is kept confidential, therefore you receive calls from Employment Services Center Counselors and staff only. At your request, however, applicants will call directly.
- Applicants are sent with a referral card from the Employment Services Center to guarantee that they have been screened and referred to you by a E.S.C.Counselor. The referral card is also a fast and cost-effective way to notify the Employment Services Center of the disposition of each interview.
Cost Saving Opportunities
- The bottom line: Employment Services Center mission is to provide access to economic growth for our students and graduates. In so doing, we assist the business community in acquiring a skilled and productive workforce.
- The Employment Services Center and its staff are committed to excellence in service in all aspects of our program.
- There are no fees to student, graduates, or employers for this direct job posting and referral service.
Types of Jobs
With an enrollment currently exceeding 9,000 and more than 30 fields of study, LaGuardia Community College is increasingly recognized as an excellent source of labor for most business operations. Students and graduates are available for full-time, part-time, permanent positions, or temporary year-round assignments.
Customized Services to Business
In our ongoing attempt to become the marketplace for all your recruitment needs, we will gladly meet with you to discuss ways in which the E.S.C. office can develop programs or services that enhance your recruitment efforts. Some existing customized services include:
- Individual on-campus interviews
- Mailing/faxing pre-screened resumes
- Recruitment workshops
- Job Fairs
If you have a position to list or would like more information, please contact the Employment Services Center @718 482-5235 of fax 718 609-2066.