Dietary Manager Program
Certified Dietary Managers are nationally recognized experts at managing dietary operations. The LaGuardia ACE Dietary Managers Program provides training for people already working in a healthcare food service facility to continue up the career ladder. To qualify for the Dietary
Managers Evening Program, you must:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Be currently working in a food service department
- Have a registered dietitian who will act as your preceptor.
program is presented in three modules: fall, winter and spring. Each
module runs for 10 weeks and includes 40 hours of lecture plus 50 hours
of supervised fieldwork at the work site. Upon successful completion of
the program, you are eligible to sit for the certification examination.
Healthcare Interpreting Certificate Program
Level 1 Qualification
Learn basic interpreter skills, such as building a personal glossary, and practice medical interpretation through role play. You will also prepare for the national Language Line Interpreter Skills Test. Language Line Test fee and books are included in course tuition. Prerequisite: High school or GED diploma and passing the Language Diagnostic Exam. For further information on the Level 1 course- Please contact Charles Mosquera at 347-376-1781, or by email at Charles_Mosquera@hotmail.com
• Screening Test (appointment required)
• Polish/English Healthcare Interpreting, Level 1
• Spanish/English Healthcare Interpreting, Level 1 Level 2 Qualification
Strengthen your medical terminology through this advanced, intensive course that focuses on healthcare service areas and body systems. Learn techniques for researching and managing new medical vocabulary. This is the first of three courses required for Level 2 certification. Prerequisite: Passing score on Language Line Interpreter Skills Test or equivalent work experience.
• Healthcare Concepts: Terminology for Interpreters
• Skills Development for Healthcare Interpreters, Part 1 (TBA)
• Skills Development for Healthcare Interpreters, Part 2 (TBA)
Healthcare Interpreter Certificate Program