F GRADE POLICY
At LaGuardia and other CUNY schools, any student who earns an academic grade of F, or an administrative grade (WN, WU or FIN), and subsequently retakes the course and receives a grade of C or better, will no longer have that F, WN, WU, or FIN grade computed into the Grade Point Average subject to the following provisions:* (except for pre-clinical key courses)
- This policy was effective as of Fall 1990;
- The failing grade must have been earned after September 1, 1984;
- The maximum number of failing credits that can be deleted from the GPA shall be limited to a total of 16 throughout CUNY;
- The F, WN, WU, or FIN grade will remain on the transcript, but will not be calculated in the GPA;
- For the student who earns a grade of C or better in a course taken at LaGuardia, the original failing grade must have also been earned at LaGuardia; and
- Partial deletions in the calculation of the cumulative GPA are prohibited.
* If a pre-clinical key course is re-taken the two grades will average into the GPA.