The mission of the LaGuardia Community College Prehospital Care Programs is to set the standard for basic and advanced EMS training in the New York City metropolitan area and to prepare professional, knowledgeable, technically proficient and clinically competent graduates for positions as entry-level paramedics and emergency medical technicians.
We will accomplish this by:
- Providing an environment that is conducive to learning and supportive to the student.
- Providing students with the necessary support and guidance including counseling, remediation and tutoring.
- Ensuring that students have state –of –the art equipment available to learn, practice and perfect their advanced life support skills and concepts.
- Hiring faculty who are experts in their fields.
- Recruiting instructional staff with exceptional field experience.
- Ensuring that students have access to a wide variety of clinical experiences.