Follow these simple steps to get your course up and running!
1) Meet with your department chairperson and/or program director to inform them that you would like to teach a hybrid/online course.
2) The easiest way to get started is to convert an existing F2F course, that you've previously taught, to the hybrid/online environment. you may also add a new section of an existing course.
3) Determine the mix of F2F/online time. for example, if your class meets 1 hour 3x per week, you may want to convert the course to hybrid by meeting F2F 2 days and the rest of the class time online. or, if your class meets 1 1/2 hours 2x per week, you may want to convert the course to hybrid by meeting F2F 1 day and the rest of the class time online. You may post a question in the discussion tab of this page if you are unsure about the F2F/online class time.
4) Determine what technology you will utilize as your course management system. most faculty use blackboard and eportfolio. Others use their own website. It is recommended that you use blackboard and/or eportfolio as your course management system since they are closed systems that requires students to sign-in with a unique username and password.
For assistance with blackboard for Fall II or Spring, please click here.
For assistance with eportfolio, please click the link that follows:http://eportfolio.lagcc.cuny.edu/forms/faculty_request_form.htm
5) Complete the request form to teach a hybrid/online course.Request to teach a hybrid or online course form
6) Start preparing your course! Use the resources on this page to help you think about the technology tools that you may want to apply to a particular activity.
Explore the CUNY Hybrid Initiative website resource that helps faculty, instructional designers, and administrators in creating, teaching, and supporting hybrid courses.
Faculty - Please Click Here to let us know how many of your classes are missing and the respective section numbers