Click the link below to view a slideshow of the best web tools for teachers, or browse through a modified list below:
http://edudemic.com/2012/10/best-web-tools-2012/ Resources for STORING and SHARING files: 1) Google Drive lets you store and access your files anywhere -- on the web, on your hard drive, or on your mobile device (phone, tablet, etc.), even offline!
2) DROPBOX allows to drag and drop files into folders that are synced with all your portable devices and available to you on demand. Very easy to set up and get started. You can create a "class" folder where students can retrieve and deposit their work. Go to www.dropbox.com to set it up and get 2 GB storage free.
3) JUMPSHARE www.jumpshare.com
Jumpshare is a new, faster way to share files with your friends, family, and co-workers. More than 200 file formats can be viewed online - they include photos, videos, documents, presentations, code, and countless other file types. The files can be emailed, posted on social networks and shared on forums, blogs and other sites. To top it all off, Jumpshare is free.
Resources for MANAGING information: 1) www.cloudmagic.com
CloudMagic is a search engine for all your personal data. It lets you search across Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, Evernote, etc. through one simple search box. 2) Text 2 Mind Map is one of the most popular mind mapping tools on the web. It converts your text lists into creative visual maps. This is a great application to share ideas visually. For example, you may have students share their progress in a group project over the semester from start to finish.
Resources that help you CREATE & PUBLISH YOUR WORK: 1) Weebly.com: The easiest way to create a website! Watch this two minute video and get started: http://youtu.be/Z6iqVxaALas
2) ISSUU: Allows you to easily publish and share documents. Helps turn your digital documents into a publication! Great for class projects! Go to http://www.issuu.com/
3) ePubBud: www.epubbud.com: Write, edit, and publish your own book.
4) Infogr.am: http://infogr.am/#tour: Allows students to not only CREATE data, but also CREATE graphics & charts that they can publish online! Great for Math & Business teachers who want students to apply numbers & statistical data to practically any situation. Now, students do not just COMPUTE a formula, they can apply the results. Interested in taking a FREE ONLINE Course in Hybrid/Online Pedagogy? Go to:http://cunyonline.commons.gc.cuny.edu/