A recent study by the National Association of Colleges and Employers revealed that college students who graduate with an internship as part of their educational program earn greater starting salaries upon graduation than those students who never completed an internship. The Cooperative Education Department is proud to offer both part-time and full-time internships for over twenty majors at LaGuardia.
You can earn academic credit by working or volunteering in a wide variety of business, government, or community agency settings.
What matters are your internship goals. Do you want to:
- Increase your skills by using them in real-work settings?
- Explore a career area before you transfer?
- Learn more about how a particular issue is affecting your community?
- Make valuable contacts that will help you find a job when you graduate?
- Build your resume?
All of the above? The Cooperative Education Department helps you every step of the way in finding the right internship to meet your goals.
Who are internships for?
- Students who have no experience, but want to enter the work world
- Students who are working now, but are seeking a better position.
- Students who have extensive work experience but want to strike out in a new direction.