COMMENTS FROM EMPLOYERS:
Co-op employers talk about the internship program:
- “The quality of students provided by LaGuardia to the Human
Resources Department has been great. The department is able to
hire folks obtaining an associate’s degree and provide them with
both experience and exposure they may not be able to gain in
Anthony Onesto, Director, Human Resources, FreshDirect
- “The diversity of LaGuardia’s students stands out and adds to
our organization. Participating in LaGuardia's Co-op Internship
Program is a ‘win-win’ for both employers and students.”
Sara Clough, Associate Director of External Relations, PENCIL
LaGuardia Community College has a proud and long-standing
tradition of helping students from other cultures learn how to
succeed in the U.S workplace. The student body at LaGuardia is
richly diverse. The multicultural skills of many of our students
add value to businesses operating in today’s global economy.
A collaborative partnership also offers:
- Exposure to developing talent and a pipeline to potential
- A cost effective way to meet human resource needs.
- Pre-screened, achievement-oriented, multilingual interns who
are eager to learn.
- An opportunity to engage with the community and influence the